Six Summer Road Trip Destinations
Jul 03, 2013
This summer if you're considering a road trip with friends but are unsure of where to go we compiled a list of the top 6 places to take a summer road trip. Whether you're trying to stay local or get completely out of your element, here are some great places to check out this summer.
- Cooperstown, NY -- With the approach of the MLB All Star game, this road trip destination is for our sports fanatics. While you're in Cooperstown you can visit the Baseball Hall of Fame. For cultural offerings Cooperstown offers art museums, big-name concerts at Brewery Ommegang and opportunities to sample the tastes of Central New York at Cooperstown's breweries and wineries.
- Gettysburg, PA -- If you're still feeling a post-Independence Day buzz and want to visit a historic area, visit Gettysburg with the whole family. You'll not only be educated on all the historic moments, but this year marks the 150th anniversary and is sure to offer many activities for all this summer.
- Savannah, GA --Beyond its architectural significance as being the nation's largest, historically restored urban area, the city of Savannah has a rich and growing performing arts scene, offering cultural events throughout the year.Savannah has consistently been named one of "America's Favorite Cities" by Travel and Leisure Magazine. Savannah was also named as America's second-best city for "Cool Buildings and Architecture," behind only Chicago.
- Wellsboro, PA -- If you can't travel across the country to see the "real deal," Wellsboro's Pennsylvania Grand Canyon offers breathaking views, hiking trails, and waterfalls off the paths. After you've hiked around the forrest-filled canyons, head into town and enjoy the quaint shops and restaurants. Head up Route 15 to Corning, NY while you're in town to visit their art museum.
- Outer Banks, NC -- Enjoy the beach without the noisy boardwalks. Relax on one of the many beaches, climb the various light houses, or climb in the dunes! No matter where you're at on the island you'll be sure to catch a breathtaking sunrise and sunset. The hospitality of this Southern state will help create the perfect amount of rest and relaxation every vacation needs! Be sure to be on the look out for wild horses -- but don't approach them!
- Denver, CO -- With over 200 parks, from small mini-parks all over the city to the giant 314 acres City Park, Denver is the perfect location to not only enjoy the outdoors but to relax as well. While Denver may not be as recognized for historical musical prominence as some other American cities, it still manages to have a very active pop, jazz, jam, folk, and classical music scene, which has nurtured several artists and genres to regional, national, and even international attention. If you're looking for the perfect sunsets and escaping the city life, we recommend Denver this summer!