The name on a vehicle’s title may differ from your state-issued photo identification for a variety of reasons. Depending on the circumstance, different documents will be required during your appointment:

  • If the name change is due to marriage or divorce we need a marriage certificate or divorce decree.
  • If the name change is due to anything else, we need the official name change documentation. (This can be a copy, we do not require the original)
  • If title was printed in error without a suffix (i.e. “Sr.” or “III”) a state-issued photo identification card that matches the title is required or the title will need to be corrected to match the state-issued photo identification.

We buy thousands of cars each week and have experience handling many different situations. Give your local branch a call to discuss options and they will be happy to guide you on what documents you need. 

    Get Your Instant Free
    Online Valuation Now!

    • 1
      . . .
    • 2
    • 3
      . . .
    Branch Locator
    Enter a ZIP code to find your
    nearest branch